- ACCESS TO THE SITE. The Site is designed for United States residents. This site is not intended for children under the age of 18, and we will not knowingly collect or distribute information from site visitors in this age-group.
- ACTIVE INFORMATION COLLECTION. Some areas of the Site may require you to submit information in order for you to benefit from the specified features.
- PASSIVE INFORMATION COLLECTION. On this site, Educational Concepts in Medicine Online does not collect any information that can be traced to a specific individual unless he or she voluntarily and knowingly provides it. Educational Concepts in Medicine Online routinely analyzes the navigational data in its server log files. These log files may contain “clickstream” data and/or IP addresses that are not generally traceable to a specific individual user. Educational Concepts in Medicine Online uses these data solely in order to monitor aggregate site traffic patterns for the purpose of system administration, management, and improvement.
(a) An IP address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so you can access the Internet, and it is generally considered to be non-personally identifiable information, because in most cases, an IP address is dynamic (changing each time you connect to the Internet), rather than static (unique to a particular user’s computer). We use your IP address to diagnose problems with our server, report aggregate information, determine the fastest route for your computer to use in connecting to our site, and administer and improve the Site.
(b) A “cookie” is a bit of information that a Web site sends to your Web browser that helps the Site remember information about you and your preferences.
(c) “Single-pixel” GIFs (also known as clear GIFs, invisible GIFs, and 1-by-1 GIFs) are smaller than cookies and tell the Web site server information such as the IP address and browser type related to the visitor’s computer.
(d) “Navigational data” (“log files,” “server logs,” and “clickstream” data) are used for system management, to improve the content of the Site, for market research purposes, and to communicate information to visitors. This site uses navigational data.
- ACCESS AND CORRECTION. To keep any personally identifiable information accurate, current, and complete, please contact us as specified below. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct any personally identifiable information in our possession that you have previously submitted via the Site.
- SECURITY. We take reasonable steps to protect your personally identifiable information as you transmit your information from your computer to our site and to protect such information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Site may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. Moreover, where you use passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features on the Site, it is your responsibility to safeguard them.